Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful Thinking - Part One


I'm your typical American - mostly discontent and ungrateful, with a strong sense of entitlement.  But in the spirit of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I've decided to spend a little more time thinking about the things for which I am truly thankful.

This week, I am truly grateful for breakfast cereal.  Well, certain kinds of breakfast cereal.  Specifically these:

Golden Grahams  -  Can't go wrong with a classic.
Captain Crunch  -  And you can forget about those fancy-ass Crunch Berries and Peanut Butter.  I'm a purist.
Coco Wheats  -  Good for winter.  Best when served with a little cream and about half a cup of sugar added to each bowl.
Cracklin' Oat Bran  -  There's no cartoon on the box, so I feel like a grown up who totally has her shit together when I buy this.
Pebbles  -  Both Fruity and Cocoa.  I love all the Pebbles.


I thank you, my little sugar coated, whole grain friends.
I find it's best to keep as much cereal in your house as possible.  That way, when you run out of all your other food, you can just pick up some milk at the gas station.  Then you don't have to go grocery shopping for at least another week and a half.  Everybody else hates the grocery store too, right?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

You haven't lived life until you've had Oops! All Berries.

You also must have rushed through this post, because I see you've forgotten about Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Unknown said...

I love craklin oat bran - but why is it the smallest box that costs the most amount of money! I feel like I am eating $.50 with each 'O'

Unknown said...

Oops! All Berries? I don't trust a food that admits to a mistake at the factory in its own name.

Unknown said...

Worth every cent!