Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This Weekend I... Volume 4


I know this is late, but:





This weekend I... went to Houston with my sister and her husband, Adam. Adam was there to do some training for a new job. Amy and I were there to go shopping, eat Mexican food, and lay by the pool.



This weekend I... had an annoying, and all too common run in with a stranger. You see, I suffer from what I call NBF, or Naturally Bitchy Face. Apparently, my resting facial expression is totally bitchy, regardless of my mood.

So while I was in line for airport security, an officer came over, patted my shoulder, and asked if I was okay. I told him I was, but he lingered for a while like he didn't believe me. So just for something extra to say, I told him, "I guess I'm just trying to wake up." (Which wasn't true. I had been awake for hours.)

"Oh," he said. "Well I knew there was something wrong."

I don't get it. Do other people just walk around all day with dopey, unfounded smiles on their faces?


No comments: