Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's the Little Things


With Thanksgiving just a day away, I can't help but think about all the wonderful things in my life for which I am thankful. This year, I think I'll focus on all of those everyday, easy-to-ignore, little things that make me smile inside.

  • Cracking that thin layer of ice on the sidewalk
  • Shuffling through piles of fallen leaves
  • When dogs growl and run in their sleep
  • The smell of coffee
  • The smell of books
  • Waking up and seeing that there are still several hours before the alarm goes off
  • Flipping the pillow over to the cold side
  • Getting the new issue of National Geographic in the mail each month
  • Getting anything in the mail that isn't junk or bills
  • Licking the spoon after baking
  • Watching my dog lose his mind every single time I come home
  • Realizing it's a pamphlet, not a parking ticket

Now that I'm thinking about it, there are literally a hundred more things I could add to this list. I'll just stop here and be thankful for how generally awesome life is most of the time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks!